I could literally eat fruit all day long. I love the taste of fresh berries and bananas…yum. I’ve always been a fan of berries and bananas in a smoothie, but now I’ve really gotten into the whole green smoothie thing. What better way to start your day than 2 cups of greens?? I love this smoothie because I can’t taste the spinach! Also, I kind of like the fact that this smoothie ends up not being neon green since it’s full of berries (why I call it greenish and not green). One of the best things about this smoothie is the fact that it’s dairy-free and peanut-free. It incorporates vanilla almond milk and sunflower seed butter. I personally do not have any food allergies, but I know so many people that do. Sunflower seed butter has become my favorite. I rarely buy peanut butter anymore, but you could definitely substitute peanut butter or almond butter depending on your desired taste or availability.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries (fresh work fine as well)
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I love Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4-5 ice cubes (less or more depending on the consistency you prefer)
- Pour almond milk into a blender and add in all other ingredients. Blend until you have reached your desired consistency. Serve immediately or freeze for later.
*Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker