If you love cheesy potatoes raise your hand… If you love cauliflower raise your hand….If you don’t…well, you probably won’t like this recipe. I’ve fallen in love with cauliflower and I can’t get enough of it. This cheesy cauliflower au gratin recipe is SO similar to potatoes au gratin that I guarantee your family won’t know the difference.
I chose to use to use smoked gouda and it was so rich and delicious. Cheddar, gouda, or whatever type of cheese you choose will probably taste pretty dang good.
I love cooking meals that are simple and easy, so this one is definitely a win in my house. It just takes a few simple ingredients and some oven time.
For those picky eaters in your house don’t tell them it’s cauliflower and I bet they won’t even know they aren’t eating potatoes!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 egg (local eggs if they are available)
- ¼ plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup freshly grated gouda cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut cauliflower florets off of the head of cauliflower, and throw away the stem.
- Place cauliflower florets into boiling water and steam cauliflower until it's very tender.
- Once cauliflower is tender drain out water and pat dry with paper towels (get most of the moisture out).
- Place cauliflower, egg, greek yogurt, and ¾ cup of cheese into your food processor. (add salt and pepper to taste)
- Process mixture in food processor until smooth .
- Pour cauliflower mixture into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with remaining ¼ cup cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes (or until thoroughly cooked).
* Recipe adapted from Cupcakes and Kale Chips