I’m so excited today because we leave for Canada in just TWO days! One of my dear friends that I met last year on a mission trip in Uganda is getting married in Ontario, and we will be staying in Toronto for a few days. Anyone have any suggestions for things we must see while we are there? Places to eat? I can’t wait! It’s our first trip to Canada.
This tomato mozzarella quinoa salad screams summer to me. I’ve mentioned before how I’m not a huge fan of leafy green salads. They typically don’t fill me up long enough to make it through the day, so this quinoa salad has been a go to for me lately. I switch between this and my cucumber salad which has been my lunch the past few days.
This salad combines a few of my favorite flavors: avocado (YESS!- can’t go wrong there), Mozzarella (ya’ll already know I’m a cheese addict), and kalamata olives are just plain addicting to me. It’s topped with an avocado lime dressing. Which is made with Greek yogurt, avocado, and lime juice. Clearly, I was feeling a little patriotic while make this.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cooled)
- 10 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup kalamatas olives, pitted
- 1/2 mozzarella ball, cubed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- juice from 1/2 lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package (I buy the kind that is pre-soaked)
- Allow quinoa to cool completely in the refrigerator
- In a large bowl mix together cooled quinoa, tomatoes, olives, and mozzarella.
- Place avocado, Greek yogurt, and lime juice in food processor.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir dressing into quinoa mixture.
- Serve chilled.